How many of you have tried to publish an eBook and submit it for distribution? If you have, you may have noticed a few hurdles along the way. Lulu’s here to help. We want to help you get your eBook published and distributed so that you can share it with the world.
We have created a comprehensive explanation of the top 10 reasons why your eBook was rejected and posted it in our Connect Forum.
There is more information in the Connect Forum post to explain each of these, but here are the top 10 Reasons in case any of these look familiar to you:
- Headings improperly ordered
- Styles, NCX are missing
- Title link/entry improperly styled
- Improper capitalization
- Metadata mismatch
- Incomplete metadata
- Poor image or cover image quality
- URL/email on cover or description
- Title/author name unnecessarily duplicated on your cover
- Page numbers on the Table of Contents page
And, since we fully understand that most people don’t speak our eBook jargon, the post also defines and explains:
- What is an NCX?
- What are headings?
- What is metadata?
Morgan Siem writes for the Lulu Blog – Archived